Monday, July 18, 2011

What's On The Table 7/18 - 7/24

Menu planning is always the best way for me to deal with the weeks meals. Even if I don't always follow the plan, the week seems to be so much smother. It is getting harder to menu plan since it is just me several days of the week now. DH works a lot and the teenage daughter works now too. But, here's my plan for this week. I am trying to use things in the freezer too so it can be cleaned out soon. 
 
Monday - I get to eat out tonight. Going to have Mexican!
Tuesday - Mexican Enchilada Casserole with Black Beans recipe is below
Wednesday - Hot Dogs and Potato Salad
Thursday - Ham Quiche
Friday - BLT's haven't had these in over a year!
Saturday - Left Overs
Sunday - Crock Pot Whole Chicken - I think I will just put it in with a bottle of barbeque sauce
Each week I share my menu and check out what everyone else is having to eat this week on www.Orgjunkie.com

Mexican Enchilada Casserole with Black Beans
My husband actually liked this more than I did. Of course I didn't have the cheese I wanted to use (only had Velveeta) and I did not have any sour cream. But, I did get out some lettuce and mix it with that.
The ingredients are chopped onions, garlic, salsa, ground cumin, red peppers (or any kind of pepper-I didn't have any other those either) black beans, corn tortillas, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream and other toppings.

 mix the onions, black beans, garlic, salsa, cumin and peppers in a skillet

 Not long, about 3 minutes

 I made a small batch and it would have been plenty for three. 
Layer the tortillas

 Spread in half of the bean mixture over tortillas and put on some cheese. 
Repeat the layering process with the tortillas, bean mixture and cheese. 
Cover the dish with foil and bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

I add tomatoes on top and served.

No comments:

Post a Comment