Saturday, April 9, 2011

Exchange Students - Hosting


 Have to update you from last weeks post. My daughter "ran away" (figure of speech) to her older brothers house and than her older sisters house for a couple of days. Remember the girls are on spring break from school. My daughter was still mad at me when she finally decided to come home on Wednesday. Just so you don't really think I am terribly horrible, she did ask before she could go to her siblings homes. As the week wore on she warmed up a little to me. lol  (All is well.)
My exchange daughter left for 5 days and went to Chicago with an American student from her school. SHE HAD A BLAST! They went to visit her friends dad who lives in Chicago. I am happy for her. We are one of those host families who don't go anywhere. I sometimes feel we are doing an injustice to the exchange student when I hear the stories from the families and where they go with their students. Both my husband and I work two jobs. It just is not possible.
As soon as she got home last night they both went outside and threw water balloons at each other. They came in soaked and giggling.
The girls got up early today and took the ACT test. It will be interesting to see their scores. I believe they find out in a week or two. My exchange daughter has renewed her interest in coming back for college. I am not sure this is possible. But, if their is a way she will find it. College here is very expensive for international students. She has learned a lot, although some of what she learns has not been pleasant or has been to late. We will see...

The exchange organization we host high school students through is CIEE

No comments:

Post a Comment